Goodwill GLAM! & Ghouls Costume Contest (October 1-30, 2011)
- Posted by
- Amanda Stevens
Public Relations & Communications Manager, Editor of TheGoodwillHunter.com blog
Goodwill Industries Hawaii
- Event Details
Oct 29, 2011
map it (new window)
Enter to win a year's shopping at Goodwill in Hawaii. Purchase an item at a Goodwill store in Hawaii, sign-up for the contest, send us your photo, get the most likes for your photo on our GoodwillHawaii facebook page and that's it. It's free, its fun, it's about re-using and re-purposing and most importantly, it serves a great cause: Helping people with employment barriers to reach their full potential and become self-sufficient.
You and your costume might be chosen to be featured at the Celebrate Kaimuki Kanikapila staging area when Goodwill announces the contestants leading in votes!!
For more information go to www.goodwillgoesglam.org
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
WHEN: October 1, 2011 - October 30, 2011
GRAND PRIZE: A Year's Supply of Shopping at Goodwill Hawaii Stores. Twelve $25 vouchers will be issued to be used in no more than $50 monthly increments. Vouchers will be valid from 11/1/11 to 11/1/12.
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Complete the contest sign up form at http://www.higoodwill.org/list.
2. Create an original family-friendly Halloween costume using at least 1 item purchased at a Goodwill Hawaii Store. KEEP YOUR RECEIPT! Winners will be required to show the purchase receipt to accept Year's Supply of Shopping award certificates or Honorable Mention prizes. One prize per individual.
3. Email a picture of your costume with your full name to: MCD@higoodwill.org.
4. Watch for your costume to be posted in the Goodwill Industries of Hawaii (GIH) Facebook Album. Tell your friends and family to vote for your picture at http://www.facebook.com/goodwillhawaii.
5. Semi-Finalists will be invited to the Celebrate Kaimuki Kanikapila on October 29, 2011 for onstage recognition and will be determined by the number of "likes" you receive on the GIH Facebook Costume Contest Album.
1. Take your picture at the Celebrate Kaimuki Kanikapila
a. Admission is FREE! Saturday, Oct. 29th from 9 am - 3 pm at Waialae Avenue between 11th & Koko Head Avenues.
b. Visit our booth near the Kaimuki Goodwill Store to have your picture taken in costume and fill out the contest sign up form. You can also help us celebrate the unveiling of our new window display by being part of the display! Arrive in costume and have your picture taken in the display window.
HOW TO WIN:
1. The contestant with the most "likes" on the GIH Facebook "Costume Contest" Album will win the grand prize. In the event of a tie, Goodwill Industries of Hawaii will declare a winner based on the creativity of the costume. Honorable mention prizes will be awarded to runner-ups.
2. Voting will end October 30, 2011 at 11:59 pm Hawaii Standard Time (HST). Winners will be notified on October 31, 2011.
3. Winners will be required to show the purchase receipt to redeem prizes.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Entries must be received between 12:00 am HST on October 1, 2011 and 11:59 pm HST on October 30, 2011.
Non-Hawaii residents are eligible. Certificates will be mailed to out of state winners with 2 year expiration date.
Valid entries must include the following information: Full name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address, picture of costume and must be received by 11:59 pm HST on October 30, 2011. Your support helps Goodwill's mission of helping people with employment barriers reach their full potential and become self-sufficient.
Costume guidelines: At least 1 item of the costume must be purchased from a Goodwill Hawaii Store between September 15, 2011 - October 30, 2011. Manufactured or rented costumes qualify if they are accessorized by a Goodwill item. Goodwill can reject posting any costumes they deem inappropriate, including but not limited to offensive messaging, images or gestures. Multiple entries are allowed, but only one prize can be redeemed per individual.
Employees of GIH and their immediate family members are eligible to participate but not eligible for the grand prize.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to a Goodwill Store located near you.
- No users have submitted RSVPs for this event.
No photos uploaded.